Welcome to the bullied teachers website. Once upon a time a teached named Rose Taylor was bullied. She recently had to take early ill-health retirement due to suffering from Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) caused by bullying.
She was 55 years old and, apart from a career break to be with her two sons, she had been a successful and dedicated teacher from the age of twenty two. She will give you three facts that led to the premature end of her teaching career. She also has some tips for anyone being bullied in the resources page.
- Fact 1: She complained to my Local Education Authority that she was being bullied by her head teacher.
- Fact 2: Her head teacher suspended her 7 working days before her first Ofsted Inspection.
- Fact 3: Her head teacher recommended to the Governing Body that she should be dismissed.
The aims of this website are:
- To provide support for teachers who have been, or who are currently being bullied.
- To help people contact others in their own area with the view to setting up further support groups.
- To provide information to the teaching unions.
- To present information to the Government, Employment Support, Dfes and Ofsted.
Whitley to Westminster
Almost a year after launching this website, Rose marked the UK’s 3rd National Ban Bullying Day with a trip to Westminster. It was an early start at 7.30am in Whitley, with a stop outside Reading Civic offices before continuing to the final destination, Westminster.